Housing Sector Research
The availability and supply of affordable quality homes is an ongoing challenge, at both national and local levels. And, with a greater focus on housing supply, creating sustainable communities, and optimising living environments to promote wellbeing, the housing agenda has never been more important.
One of our core values here at IFF is making a difference. We aim to make a difference to the clients we work with, and to bring about positive change through the work we deliver. This focus, alongside the immediacy of the housing challenges, made the addition of a specialised Housing team a clear fit for IFF. It’s the reason why, in 2019, we joined forces with housing specialists Voluntas, to offer high quality housing insights, using our combined strengths and expertise.
Our Housing Research
We offer tailored research designed to meet your objectives, from project design, through data collection, analysis, reporting and communication. We’ll work with you throughout the process, offering our expertise and advice. So, whether you’re looking for a simple satisfaction survey with industry benchmarking, or more in-depth qualitative research, our experienced housing research team will ensure your organisation gets the most value from the insights delivered.
We offer a full range of research services:
- Large-scale telephone centre, with more than 200 stations, equipped to undertake a range of measurement surveys
- Experienced team of more than 40 researchers who are skilled in:
- Satisfaction measurement over time
- Research with vulnerable audiences, including elderly and disabled people in a range of tenures
- Customer journey mapping, segmentation and profiling studies
- Research studies designed to understand key drivers of dissatisfaction, to develop real-world, workable solutions
- Live, silent coding from housing professionals bring real-time structured analysis to the most complicated verbatim responses
- Bespoke online reporting platform with real-time feedback, including satisfaction scores, graphs, pivot tables and sentiment analysis with unprecedented granularity
- Proven expertise in presenting and communicating research findings in a format and style that suits your audience, from board level headlines to topics of greatest impact to customers – delivered sensitively and expertly.
How We Can Help
With increased public scrutiny following the Grenfell Tower disaster and the resultant Green Paper it is a challenging time for social housing providers, with increased responsibilities and expectations of delivery. Through our union with Voluntas and the appointment of Housing specialist Katy Wilburn as Head of Housing, we have extensive experience supporting social housing providers in monitoring tenant satisfaction over time.
This experience allows us to:
- Optimise research design, shaping questions and response codes to increase value
Understand the challenges and vulnerabilities respondents face and deliver surveys with sensitivity
Report on findings in an insightful way that can easily be communicated to all your key stakeholders
We offer bespoke qualitative research projects to help you understand the reasons behind your results and add greater depth to the findings.
The link between student recruitment, retention and experience with their overall satisfaction is becoming an ever more critical area of focus. With our experience of measuring tenant satisfaction and of delivering qualitative research, we can work with you to optimise the student housing experience, helping you attract and retain more students.
In the private sector, with the range of existing options and incentives, key drivers of uptake and satisfaction can be difficult to gauge from a single survey. We have experience of working collaboratively with retirement housing providers, using multiple methodologies and focus groups to understand motivations and drivers for client satisfaction and retention.
Data analysis and insight translates into useful business tools: customer journey maps, demographic segmentation, and key driver analysis that unpicks specific target areas on which to focus your business.
Improving your prospect and customer knowledge will strengthen your ability to revise existing offers, create new services, and will underpin your market position; providing evidence to lenders and financial markets that you understand your customer base, strengthening share price and returns to investors.
To Find Out More
For more information about our specialised Housing research please contact our Head of Housing, Katy Wilburn to discuss your specific research needs.