The availability and supply of affordable quality homes is an ongoing challenge, at both national and local levels. And, with a greater focus on housing supply, creating sustainable communities, and optimising living environments to promote wellbeing, the housing agenda has never been more important. Which is where our specialist housing insight team come in.
We help housing providers, government and businesses within the housing sector to better understand their customers and make better decisions. Whether you’re looking to track satisfaction over time, evaluate the impact of initiatives or better understand your customers’ experience we can help you collect rich and actionable insight.
Our specialist housing researchers combine a strong understanding of the sector, acquired from many years working within housing, alongside extensive housing research expertise. With the ability to draw from the specialist skills of our wider research team, including impact evaluation and customer journey mapping specialists, as well as statisticians and data analysts, we can help you achieve your insight objectives and build trust with your customers and stakeholders.
How can we help?
With increased public scrutiny following Grenfell and the resultant green paper it is a challenging time for social housing providers. We understand the unique pressures registered providers face, from increasing expectations for engagement, performance and transparency, to providing high quality housing at an affordable price.
Our social housing insight solutions help you succeed:
- Providing reliable and actionable insights over time or following an event, enabling you to build stronger relationships with your customers
- Offering you and your customers greater choice in how feedback is collected, finding opportunities for cost-saving solutions and improving response rates
- Providing independent-gathered feedback for results you and your customers can trust
- With real-time results and emails alerts, allowing you to effectively measure and monitor performance, and respond quickly to areas of concern
- Enabling you to analyse feedback with greater granularity, to pinpoint specific aspects of service in greatest need of review
- With a dedicated account manager to ensure a personalised service, support and advice throughout
The link between student recruitment, retention and experience with their overall satisfaction is becoming an ever more critical area of focus. With our experience of measuring tenant satisfaction and of delivering qualitative research, we can work with you to optimise the student housing experience, helping you attract and retain more students.
In the private sector, with the range of existing options and incentives, key drivers of uptake and satisfaction can be difficult to gauge from a single survey. We have experience of working collaboratively with retirement housing providers, using multiple methodologies and focus groups to understand motivations and drivers for client satisfaction and retention.
Data analysis and insight translates into useful business tools: customer journey maps, demographic segmentation, and key driver analysis that unpicks specific target areas on which to focus your business.
Improving your prospect and customer knowledge will strengthen your ability to revise existing offers, create new services, and will underpin your market position; providing evidence to lenders and financial markets that you understand your customer base, strengthening share price and returns to investors.
“We received excellent support from IFF Research at all stages of the project – from the initial consultation, through to the design of the questionnaire and then the comprehensive and insightful results in the My.Research portal. Throughout the process IFF Research were professional, helpful and friendly and this why we have chosen to work with them on a suite of further transactional surveys.”
— Jessica Collier, Performance and Assurance Advisor, Torus
Insightful, actionable solutions
We offer tailored research designed to meet your objectives, from project design, through data collection, analysis, reporting and communication. We’ll work with you throughout the process, offering our expertise and advice. So, whether you’re looking for a simple satisfaction survey with industry benchmarking, or more in-depth qualitative research, our experienced housing research team will ensure your organisation gets the most value from the insights delivered.
We offer a full range of research services:
- Large-scale telephone centre, with more than 200 stations, equipped to undertake a range of measurement surveys
- Dedicated housing team, with expertise and experience in:
- Satisfaction measurement over time and following events
- Research with vulnerable audiences, including elderly and disabled people in a range of tenures
- Customer journey mapping, segmentation and profiling studies
- Research studies designed to understand key drivers of dissatisfaction, to develop real-world, workable solutions
- Live, silent coding from housing professionals bring real-time structured analysis to the most complicated verbatim responses
- Bespoke online reporting platform with real-time feedback, including satisfaction scores, graphs, pivot tables and sentiment analysis with unprecedented granularity
- Proven expertise in presenting and communicating research findings in a format and style that suits your audience, from board level headlines to topics of greatest impact to customers – delivered sensitively and expertly.