Ensuring that the UK has a population with the right skills, competencies and qualifications is vital if we are to compete, succeed and prosper in the modern global marketplace. To this end, we help our clients understand:
- How skill needs are changing
- The challenges employers face recruiting the staff they need
- The extent to which the current workforce lack skills or require upskilling
- The education and learning experiences of pupils, parents, learners and employers
- The experiences and views of schools, colleges and education/training providers
- Awareness of, engagement with, and the impact of policy and programmes such as Apprenticeships, T-Levels and ESOL
We deliver robust research solutions, tailored to help our clients (whether central or local government, sector / trade bodies, providers or others) make better informed decisions to support the development of a strong, flexible, responsive labour market.
How we help
Employer skills surveys
From large-scale, sector-wide, pan-UK studies, to smaller, sector-specific, regional or occupation-specific studies, we can help you assess such issues as: the perceived work readiness of education leavers, the difficulties employers face when recruiting, the extent to which employers consider their workforce to lack skills, the occupational groups most affected, and the nature and impact of these skills gaps, the extent to which employers are investing in training, and their views on the quality of training provision.
Our evaluation experts can help you understand the effectiveness and impact of existing policies and programmes, supporting better decision-making and effective delivery.
Learner experience & destination studies
We can help you better understand the experience of learners, and monitor the impact of education and training and how this could be improved. Our experience ranges research among schools through to further and higher education, adult learning and work-based training.