This is a role for someone who enjoys the pace of agency research, and is keen to apply their skills and develop their knowledge on a range of projects with a variety of colleagues.
You’ll be working at a similar level or will be able to demonstrate to us that you have the right experience to step into this role. We want people to join us and develop their skills here, apply their expertise and join a team who can help them grow their career while supporting the growth of IFF.
The role would suit someone who may have more of a quantitative focus with some qualitative exposure but who is looking for more balance in their research strategy skills. Experience delivering surveys would be ideal and you may have some evaluation experience but certainly will have a base knowledge and want to develop that understanding as we grow our expertise in this area.
Our people have great communication skills, both written and verbal, and you’ll be a leader with integrity and an approachable and collaborative style. You should have some experience of managing others and be able to manage several projects concurrently, work under pressure and react positively as requirements change.
We want our teams to bring new ideas on how to continue delivering to the highest quality. This is an opportunity to join a business that values input from all its staff and as a Research Manager you’ll be expected to apply your skills and build on the success of IFF.
We’re a person-centered business and offer 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare options, flexible working, wellbeing support and social events among other benefits to cater to all of our team.
About the role
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join our team that works across emerging and future markets including the environment, finance, business and enterprise and regulation. The teams work on projects such as our net zero targets, business innovation, entrepreneurship, competition and government policy evaluation. These projects that will benefit the public, not only in the now – but also the future, to help inform and shape progress and outcomes.
As a Research Manager (RM) you’ll take the lead role on a number of high-profile studies as well as working and learning from our Senior RMs or Associate Directors on other complex projects. At this level, you’ll be managing a team of Research Executives and Senior Research Executives and oversee timescales and budgets, as well as leading on research outputs and client liaison, offering valuable advice to clients at various stages of the project.
Working alongside our Directors you’ll attend new business pitches and work with the senior team to develop and build on success within your sectors as well as developing your career and expertise.
As an RM at IFF part of your role will be to collaborate with our L&D Director and other members of the research team to help design and eventually deliver training to the wider research team.
- Design high quality questionnaires and guides.
- Conduct qualitative interviews, actively listening and probing appropriately.
- Conduct focus groups and workshops confidently and intelligently.
- Have overall responsibility for signing off specifications and data outputs
- Draw out key findings and make clear and insightful recommendations based on data collected.
- Produce insightful, in-depth and publishable reports.
- Produce thoughtful, creative and impactful presentations and deliver these to clients.
- Lead the efficient running of multiple projects through effective planning and prioritisation.
- Supervise and delegate to project teams confidently, clearly and effectively.
- Review SRE and RE outputs to ensure accuracy and to feedback improvements.
- Manage project finances effectively
- Keep project Directors updated with project progress, and any problems arising.
- Lead project meetings.
- Be the first point of contact for the client, proactively ensuring that clients are kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients, anticipating their needs and concerns.
- Attend pitches and make thoughtful contributions.
- Work positively and flexibly within project teams, to get the best out of all and foster / promote a healthy team spirit.
- Proactively provide support for other members of your team.
- Work effectively, and in partnership, with other departments and suppliers.
- Identify skill gaps and coordinate required training for team members, liaising with L&D director to identify training needs and delivery solutions.
Health and wellbeing
A sociable and supportive culture
IFF is an award-winning social and market research agency, which sits at the summit of UK public policy and social research, conducting many of the largest and highest profile studies in the sector. Because no two projects are the same, our experienced team provide tailor-made research solutions, adapting our approach to issues and audiences. Meaning the research we deliver is tailored to each client’s specific needs.
As a full-service agency, we offer a full suite of research and evaluation services, including data collection, data analysis and reporting, covering quantitative and qualitative methodologies. We have a range of expertise across our key sectors which are: Business & Enterprise; Education; Energy & Environment; Financial Services; Higher Education; Housing; Learning & Skills; Regulation; and Work, Welfare & Wellbeing
We’re really proud that time and time again we hear that the best thing about working here is our people. We attract and retain some of the most talented, friendly and interesting people within the industry. People with different ways of thinking and working, but with a shared goal of delivering impactful insight that makes a difference.